Pilfered with affection from Mrs. Chili.
1. What is the closest item near you that is blue? Closest to my left hand is a blue Sharpie. Closest to my right hand is my 2010-11 flash drive.
2. What is your favorite color? Generally, green. Specifically, there’s this dusty greeny-bluey-gray color that I just adore but can’t name.
3. When is your birthday? I was born on St. Nicolas Day, exactly thirty years after my grammy’s first child was born.
4. When did you last go to the mall? Yesterday, I spent a few hours at Borders using their table and espresso machines to grade papers.
5. When was the last time you bought a pair of pants? At the beginning of the school year I bought two pairs of colored denim trousers – not jeans. Brown and black.
6. What do you want for your birthday? Mostly electronics this year, it seems. A clock (no radio needed) for inside the shower, a telephoto lens for my good camera, maybe a new pocket digital camera. A nap.
7. Who will be your next kiss? Honestly, Paisley will probably beat anyone else to the punch.
8. What was the last candy you ate? After Borders closed, we went to Barnes and Noble to use their tables and espresso machines. I bought a cup of tea and they gave me two pieces of Godiva chocolate.
9. Are you wearing socks right now? Yes; gray ones. With sandals. The shame!
10. When was the last time you went out of the state? When we went to northern California in July, I guess, but I’m going to be crossing state lines tonight to go to a marching band competition.
11. Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days? No, but I have been to the movies in the last six. I go on Tuesdays. Last week was The American; don’t bother.
12. What was the last thing you had to drink? Currently drinking a strawberry soda, because it’s 3:20 on “grades due” day and I need the sugar.
13. What are you wearing right now? A multicolored top with gray pants.
14. What was your last purchase? I was in two different book stores last night. What do you think my last purchase was?
15. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Mi madre. No, wait! The office called during 4th period to ask if one of my students was actually present or not.
16. Have you bought any clothing items in the last week? Nope.
17. Do you have a pet? The Paisley, the d’Artagnan, and the increasingly annoying (because it’s cold and she’s moved inside) Sophie.
18. What’s the last sporting event you watched? I watched a few minutes of the Boise State/San Jose football game before falling asleep, if that counts.
19. What’s the most played song on your iTunes? “Shambala” as performed by Rockapella.
20. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be? Curled up on a comfy couch with afghans, tea, and a good book. Said item could be located anywhere for all I care.
21. What is the last thing you purchased online? Probably books, but I need to order my contacts.
22. One thing you hate about yourself? Habitual nonproductive-ness and ADHD-like symptoms when attempting to do housework.
23. What’s your favorite soup? Will you mock me if I say Zuppa Toscana from Olive Garden? I could eat that stuff forever.
24. Do you miss anyone? Sometimes. For example, I was dodging ghosts on Saturday.
25. Last play you saw? “The Wizard of Oz” performed by Starlight Mountain Theater.
26. What are your plans for the day? I just finished an exhausting day of teaching (made more so by the fact that I came up with a better plan for the day at midnight last night, and stayed up until nearly two making it happen). Now I’ve got to drink home, change clothes, get on a bus, and take an 80-minute bus ride to a marching band competition – most of which I will miss. Then I’ll lug percussion equipment and drum major podiums around for half an hour or so, take some pictures, help pack up, and hopefully fall asleep on the bus home. When I get home – around 11, probably – I have some work to do on tomorrow’s lesson for creative writing… hopefully not much work, though.
27. Last person you messaged? Facebook. I was updating profusely on Saturday.
28. What do you know about the future? It’s gonna be the future soon; I won’t always be this way.
29. Are you wearing any perfume or cologne? I may have spritzed on some Bath & Body Works “Sapphire” this morning; if so, it’s long gone by now.
30. Where are your best friends located? I live with my bestest friend. 🙂
31. How old do you want to be when you have kids? A year or so younger than I am right now. 😦
32. Who was the last person who made you cry? I’m not sure. I have a tendency to block that sort of thing out from my longterm memory.
33. Do you have any tattoos or piercings? My ears are pierced.
34. How do you like your soda? Ice cold, served in a can or in glass over ice. I like straws.
35. Do you like hot sauce? Sometimes.
36. Next time you’ll take a shower? Tomorrow? Depends on how exhausted I am in the morning.
37. What was the last movie you watched at home? Shoot; I can’t remember the name of it now, but it was good. Helpful, ain’t I?
38. What is your mood? That difficult place between “I have so many ideas of things I’d like to do!” and “I’m exhausted and triple booked.” Not sure if that’s a mood, but it leaves no room for anything else.
39. What kind of car do you drive? I cruise down the road in my PT Cruiser.
40. Have you ever been to Virginia? I have. Spent almost a week in the Norfolk area.
41. What are you doing right now? Procrastinating having to get in the car and drive home. I’ve been carpooling with Ryan for the last two months, and he took the afternoon shift (when my energy is the lowest). Now I’m on my lonesome, and not looking forward to the commute. Maybe I should have grabbed a Red Bull instead of a strawberry soda.