Yeah, I know this probably isn’t very interesting. On the other hand, maybe the books “lying in wait” to be read by a person are more telling than the books actually read! So here you have it: the books I’m not reading while I’m devouring paranormal mysteries and romances. Er, grading and lesson planning and working on Wyrd. Something like that.
- The Shut-Down Learner: Helping Your Academically Discouraged Child (Selznick)
- In the Balance: An Alternative History of the Second World War (Turtledove)
- Blood and Thunder: The Epic Story of Kit Carson and the Conquest of the American West (Sides)
- Flanagan’s Version (Flanagan)
- The Conquest of New Spain (Diaz)
- Personal Fiction Writing (Willis)
- When Elephants Weep: The Emotional Lives of Animals (Masson)
- On Being a Teacher (Kozol)
- The Highly Selective Dictionary for the Extraordinarily Literate (Ehrlich)
- Caress of Twilight (Hamilton)
So, what’s sitting on your to-read list?